Where you and your crew do not have the relevant qualifications or experience it is important to choose a skippered charter.
And, let’s face it, why not have someone else manage the responsibilities of the sailing work while you relax fully and focus on enjoying your holiday?
We will supply you with a qualified and experienced skipper on the boat of your choice who will ensure your holiday is fun and relaxing and, of course, safe.
Taking a skipper is also a great idea even if you’re sufficiently experienced to charter a large boat but your crew don’t have the additional experience you need to handle a larger yacht.
The skipper will talk with you about your itinerary and what can realistically be achieved during your charter. Decisions will be based on weather conditions, crew ability, sailing distances, the best places to visit and, most importantly, safety.
A skipper can also offer you sailing tips and instruction if that is what you want.
Having a skipper gives you the freedom to choose to do as much or as little on board as you like; after all, it’s your holiday!
Another key advantage of taking a skippered charter is that there is no need to pay a security deposit.
For skippered charters the following costs will need to be covered by the charter client. Payments need to be sent to Euro Yacht Charters before embarkation date or paid to our Athens base manager upon embarkation:
- Skipper: Euros150 per day plus food
- Hostess/cook: Euros120 per day plus food
The following additional costs will need to be covered by the charter client:
- Bed linen and towels: GBP20 per cabin (to be paid upon embarkation)
- End cleaning: 2 cabin – GBP70, 3 cabin – GBP80, 4 cabin – GBP100, 5 cabin – GBP140, Catamarans – GBP150 (to be paid upon embarkation)
- Fuel: all fuel used by the yacht and outboard engines
- All mooring/quayside/yacht harbour fees, excluding the first and last nights of the charter, when you will be in Alimos Marina, the main marina in Athens
- Water: any water taken on board other than in Alimos Marina
- Provisions: all food and beverages