Born on the beautiful island of Skopelos in the Sporades, Rigas now lives in Athens and oversees our charters and departures from Alimos Marina. He knows and is available to skipper any of the boats you see on our website.
Rigas has 35 years of sailing experience in all Greek waters. With his extensive local knowledge he always knows the best places to sail, swim, wine and dine. His favourite island for sailing is Skiathos and when he’s not sailing Rigas loves to cook traditional Greek cuisine.
New Zealand born and bred, but latterly Europe-based, Murray developed his love of sailing as a teenager and now has 30 years of sailing experience including holding the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore qualification.
In Greece he has sailed extensively in the Aegean – Argolic Gulf, Saronic Gulf and Cyclades – and has done some sailing in the Ionian. The Peloponnese is a favourite sailing area for him.
In his spare time Murray runs a bungee jumping business in Scotland and is available as a delivery skipper Europe-wide. He also loves rugby and follows the fortunes of the All Blacks.
For all our charters (bareboat or skippered) the following additional costs will need to be covered by the charter client:
- Bed linen and towels: GBP20 per cabin (to be paid upon embarkation)
- End cleaning : 2 cabin – GBP70, 3 cabin – GBP80, 4 cabin – GBP100, 5 cabin – GBP140, Catamarans – GBP150 (to be paid upon embarkation)
- Fuel: all fuel used by the yacht and outboard engines
- All mooring/quayside/yacht harbour fees, excluding the first and last nights of the charter, when you will be in Alimos Marina, the main marina in Athens
- Water: any water taken on board other than in Alimos Marina
- Provisions: all food and beverages
For bareboat charters the security deposit varies depending on the boat you charter. Security deposits will be returned to the charter client only after the boat check and refuel.
For skippered charters the following costs will need to be covered by the charter client. Payments need to be sent to Euro Yacht Charters before embarkation date or paid to our Athens base manager upon embarkation:
- Skipper: €170 per day plus food
- Hostess/cook: €120 per day plus food