The Greek Islands
Greece, with her extensive coastline and multitude of islands, is a sailing paradise.
Distances between islands are not excessive and each island usually has a main port and sometimes also a secondary port. There are numerous amazing bays and anchorages suitable for a day of swimming and snorkelling, as a picturesque lunch spot or even a peaceful overnight haven.
Local charges for spending the night in a port, yacht harbour or quayside are very reasonable.
Ports offer a great selection of restaurants, bars and traditional tavernas. Adding to the experience is the relaxed, friendly and welcoming nature of the local Greek island people – bettered only by their fantastic service, and fresh, healthy and delicious cuisine.
But, of course, when chartering and sailing the most important thing is safety. Our yachts are equipped to ensure your sailing holiday in the Greek islands is comfortable, fun and above all else, safe.
Standard equipment includes GPS plotter, electric windlass, navigation instruments, autopilot, VHF radio, lifejackets, life raft, dinghy and outboard motor, and sun bimini.
In addition, our yachts have a refrigerator, gas cooker and CD player with IPOD/MP3 connection.
For all our charters, either bareboat or skippered, the following additional costs will need to be covered by the charter client:
- End cleaning: 2 cabin – €70, 3 cabin – €80, 4 cabin – €100, 5 cabin – €140, Catamarans – €150 (to be paid upon embarkation)
- Fuel: all fuel used by the yacht and outboard engines
- All mooring/quayside/yacht harbour fees, excluding the first and last nights of the charter, when you will be in Alimos Marina, the main marina in Athens
- Water: any water taken on board other than in Alimos Marina
- Provisions: all food and beverages
- Bed linen and towels: €20 per cabin (to be paid upon embarkation).
For bareboat charters the security deposit varies depending on the boat you charter. The security deposit must be paid at embarkation and will be refunded only upon the final refuel and a full and satisfactory inspection at the end of the charter.
For skippered charters the following costs will need to be covered by the charter client. Payments need to be sent to Euro Yacht Charters before embarkation date or paid to our Athens base manager upon embarkation:
- Skipper: €150 per day plus food
- Hostess/cook: €120 per day plus food