Our bareboat charters are available in the Aegean sea, based from Athens. All of the boats you can see on our website are available as a bareboat charter for bareboat skippers who have the relevant qualifications. Generally speaking, Day Skipper is sufficient for boats up to 46 feet. For boats 47 feet or larger Yachtmaster Coastal is the minimum qualification required.
A bareboat yacht charter is ideal for people with previous sailing experience who prefer to decide their own itinerary, skipper themselves and then return the yacht to Alimos Marina at the end of the charter. If you would like any advice on potential itineraries for your bareboat charter please do ask us – we’re more than happy to help.
We aim to ensure that your time on board is both comfortable and relaxing. Our bareboats have a fully equipped galley (including cooker, refrigerator, plates, glasses, pots and pans, cutlery, etc.).
All our yachts are wheel-steer; generally those of 40 feet and larger have twin wheels. Most of our boats have in-mast furling but some have a conventional slab mainsail with lazy jacks and single line reefing.
All bareboat charters require a security deposit, which varies depending on the size and age of the boat. Please ask us about the cost when making your booking enquiry.
The security deposit must be paid at embarkation and will be refunded upon a full and satisfactory inspection at the end of the charter.
The following additional costs will need to be covered by the bareboat charter client:
- Bed linen and towels: GBP20 per cabin (to be paid upon embarkation)
- End cleaning: 2 cabin – GBP70, 3 cabin – GBP80, 4 cabin – GBP100, 5 cabin – GBP140, Catamarans – GBP150 (to be paid upon embarkation)
- Fuel: all fuel used by the yacht and outboard engines
- All mooring/quayside/yacht harbour fees, excluding the first and last nights of the charter, when you will be in Alimos Marina, the main marina in Athens
- Water: any water taken on board other than in Alimos Marina
- Provisions: all food and beverages